Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Medallion Thanks!

Hello everyone!  How are you?  Today has been a busy day but I did find the time to squeeze in a card and boy did I have fun with it!


I based the colors for this card on WPlus9's color challenge this month! LOVE these colors!  I remember when I was younger I had a gray and pink sweatsuit that I just loved to wear!  Using these colors today brought back those warm & happy memories!
I also used a sketch for this card too because you know how much I love those! :)  This one was from Get Sketchy and it was a fun one to work with! 



I just adore these doily stamps from WPlus9 called Mehndi Medallions!  They are so pretty!


For the lace, I stamped the lacey border image on black cardstock in VersaMark, embossed it in white and then cut it out.  Yes, I did say I CUT it out!!  You can pick your jaw up off the floor now! LOL!!  I didn't even pass out from doing it! But, doesn't it look like real lace?  Love it!


Fun, fun colors and a fun, fun sketch!  Thank you for taking a peak today!  I hope you have a great day!

Supplies
Stamps:  WPlus9's Mehndi Medallions
Paper:  PTI Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, True Black & White
Ink:  True Black, VersaMark
Other:  Copics, White Embossing Powder, Silver Ribbon, PTI Tin Types Impression Plate, Silver & White Pearls, Lacey Circles & Circles Nestabilities

24 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Jen! In the first picture I thought it was lace and then I read on. Genius idea!

Lindsay said...

What a fantastic card Jen! I love how you've used the medallion and I adore that lace trim!

Laurie said...

This is very pretty Jen! I didn't know you got that set! The lace is perfect and yes I am shocked!!!!! How is your hand? Are you doing ok now? ;)

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Jen.....this is just drop dead gorgeous! You have outdone yourself and been holding out on me with this stamp set! This is on my list of stamps to get...it's just so pretty! Now back to your card.....stunning and I love that you took the time to cut out that "lace"!!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! I LOVE it!

Camilla said...

wow ... so pretty!! and yes I thought it was a lace!

Monica K. said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the split background and I can't believe that it's not real lace. I've had my eye on that WPlus9 set for a long time. May have to finally splurge! Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

The card is so pretty Jen! love the die cut!

Kara said...

i totally thought it was real lace!! really pretty card!

Christina said...

Seriously gorgeous, Jen! I LOVE this stamp set and it looks so great the way you colored it. The border looks just like real lace!

Lee Anne said...

Great job getting 2 challenges in one card! This one is a beauty!

Kelly G said...

I'm amazed. I'm always saying I want to get some lace, but I can never find any I like. My eye was immediately drawn to the lace and I too thought it was real! Great job!

Rhonda said...

Wowzy! Just beautiful Jen!!

Stephanie said...

I totally thought it was real lace! This is gorgeous!!! I wouldn't want to give this card away....lol Just beautiful.

Katie said...

This card is gorgeous! I can't believe you cut that border...way to go! It looks amazing!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Gorgeous!! I'm going to have to check out those stamps! Beautiful! WOW! You cut BY HAND! I can't even cut a straight line! LOL! You're my hero!

Keva said...

Whoa. This card is drop dead fabulous! I really love what you did with the colors and layout...it's so very pretty.

BethieJ said...

Jen this is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE that color combo!!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Elisa K said...

Love your color combo and your card is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

~Tammy~ said...

This is fabulous!

Karen B. said...

Oh my this is fabulous! Your card really stood out in the gallery and I had to stop by for a closer peak! I'm glad I did! What a beautiful and detailed creation.

Dana said...

WOW! you are so creative Jen. I love the look of that medallion. It's just stunning.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is stunning! Beautiful take! And LOVE that the medallion takes center stage!

Dawn said...

Wow Jen! That lace stamp looks like actual fabric. Beautiful job!

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...